Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse is required training for the following roles:
- Anyone holding the Bishop’s licence, commission, authorisation, or permission (clergy, PtO, Readers, LLMs)
- Safeguarding Officers
- Ordinands during IME 1.
- PCC Members/Lay Chapter Members.
- Staff at Theological Education Institutions with student facing roles.
- Members of the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Panel.
- Persons holding any other pastoral role within the Church
Click here to register for the Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse Online Training available on the Church of England website.
Originally, this programme had to be completed online.
This created difficulties for those colleagues who are not confident completing material online and for those with poor or no internet access.
To ensure everyone can access this module, The National Safeguarding Team has produced materials for this module to be completed in person in a group using the PowerPoint slides, or the programmes can be printed and completed individually. They also provide a script to assist colleagues who would like to run the presentation.
Once the programmes are completed the Diocese will issue completion certificates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Level of training completed
- Name of person Delivering
- Name of attendee
- Email address of attendee
- PSO of attendee email address (If you would like a copy of the certificate sent to them directly)
Click here to download the PowerPoint
Click here to download the Presenter's Script
Click here to download Handout 1
Click here to download Handout 2
Click here to download the Assessment Sheet
Familiarisation Sessions (Optional but encouraged)
To assist those colleagues who might wish to run these programmes in a parish setting the Diocesan Safeguarding Team is offering familiarisation sessions
Each session will be 60 minutes and delivered over Zoom.
The session will give colleagues an opportunity to run through the PowerPoint slides, and ask any questions about the facilitators script and/or the learning materials (which can be downloaded above, and should be reviewed prior to the session).
The sessions available in 2023 are as follows, please book using the registration link:
|Event Title||Day||1st Session Date||Time||Session Length||Location||Eventbrite Link|
|Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse Familiarisation Session||Thursday||
|Raising Awareness of Domestic Abuse Familiarisation Session||Monday||