We hold a number of events for Parish Safeguarding Officers throughout the year, including PSO forums, Inductions sessions and Safeguarding Parish Dashboard workshops. Please see below for further information:
Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) Forums
Throughout 2021 we held some Zoom Parish Safeguarding Officers (PSO) Forums and these were well received, with officers appreciating a window to connect with others, to think and talk together about safeguarding practice and to receive support.
The forum is informal and conversations will revolve around:-
• How are you and How are things?
• What is working well where you are in terms of safeguarding?
• What support(s) would be helpful for your safeguarding role?
This will continue throughout 2022 and will be held on the following dates, please book via Eventbrite:
|Event Title||Event Type||1st Session Date||Time||Eventbrite Link|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||26/09/2022||8am||Click here|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||26/09/2022||2pm||Click here|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||27/09/2022||5.30pm||Click here|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||08/11/2022||8am||Click here|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||08/11/2022||12 noon||Click here|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||09/11/2022||3pm||Click here|
|PSO Forum||Zoom||10/11/2022||5.30pm||Click here|
Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) Induction Sessions Additional dates will follow.
We have scheduled a number of Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) Induction sessions, a mix of in person learning and Zoom sessions.
The learning outcomes of the pathway are to :
• Understand the role, responsibilities and key working relationships of the PSO.
• Identify a variety of approaches to raising awareness and improving safeguarding practice.
• Evaluate safeguarding information reported by members of the church or community and determine an appropriate response.
• Create a safeguarding development plan for safeguarding practice in your context.
The session last 3 hours and there is some pre programme reflection required and a post programme evaluation task.
There are 12 places available on each session.
The dates for these sessions for 2022 are as follows, please book via Eventbrite:
|Event Title||Event Type||Day||1st Session Date||Time||Location||Eventbrite Link||Maximum Capacity|
|PSO Induction||Zoom||Friday||14/10/2022||2pm||Online||Click here||12|
|PSO Induction||In Person||Friday||28/10/2022||2pm||Church House||Click here||12|