Part-time 22.5 hours per week.
Job holders within this Group Profile will provide religious and pastoral care of prisoners and staff in their own faith tradition and have an understanding/ knowledge of other differing faiths.
Typical tasks associated with this Group Profile include:
- Act as faith advisor in the establishment providing advice, pastoral care and spiritual welfare to prisoners, staff and their families as requested
- Facilitate and deliver opportunities for worship study and religious programmes
- Contribute towards the development of local policy, procedures and practice
- Provide mentoring and personal support for other chaplains and volunteers including following incidents
- Be part of the provision of available and accessible chaplaincy care at all times
- Plan and lead worship and prayer / faith specific meetings
- Provide pastoral care to prisoners and help to provide support and bring resolution to crisis situations where required
- Nurture Chaplaincy volunteers in their contribution
- Work collaboratively with other Chaplains and Managing Chaplain on the maintenance and provision of facilities for worship and prayer
- Ensure your prison community is aware of relevant religious events and coordinate establishment support for these
- Be proactive in forging links with their local faith communities and other agencies, as relevant and consider ways in which these communities/agencies may become involved in mentoring prisoners on release
- Participate in developing ways for improving and achieving targets As required, undertake and ensure that all relevant administration, data collection and analysis including relevant targets are collated
- Be part of the organisation and delivery of Faith Awareness Training for staff
- Undertake Diocesan Ministerial Reviews, where appropriate
- Provide appropriate support to the establishment in the absence of the Managing Chaplain
- Actively support the Assessment, Care in Custody and Teamwork (ACCT) process
Interview dates: Expected WC - 29/08/2022
Closing Date: 31/08/2022, 23:55 hours.
If you require any assistance please call 0845 241 5358 (Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm) or email Mojfirstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference - 62430.
For further details, and to apply for the post, please click here.